The Fly Fishers International Scholarship Awards provide grants to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in fisheries or closely related fields. One scholarship and one internship will be awarded annually. The awards will help ensure the development of future leaders in fisheries conservation. The following outlines the process for applying for the awards which will be given by the FFI Board of Directors upon recommendation of the student’s sponsoring Council.
Below is specific information about the program, including an overview, requirements as well as download link for application form that you will need to apply.
You can also download the information and application form by clicking the link below. You will need to download and save to your computer to use the form.
The Fly Fishers International Scholarship Award provides monetary support to outstanding undergraduate or graduate students who are pursuing degrees in fisheries conservation or closely related fields. These awards may be given annually to help ensure the development of future leaders in the field of fisheries conservation. Awards are given by the FFI Board of Directors.
Scholarship awards can be used for tuition, university living expenses, and other costs directly related to the student’s educational expenses.
Scholarship awards are $2000. Awards are given directly to the student recipient. An accounting of the funds shall be provided to the FFI at the conclusion of the academic year for which the scholarship was awarded.
1. Must be enrolled in a recognized program in fisheries or a closely related field.
2. Recommendation from an FFI Council President and Conservation Vice President.
3. Student’s financial need.
4. Quality and content of student’s essay
5. Leadership potential and involvement as documented on the nominee’s resume.
1. Scholarship applications (see form attached) are to be submitted first to the FFI Council President or Conservation Vice President in the FFI Council where the school that the student attends is located. Councils, Council Presidents and Conservation Vice Presidents can be located through the FFI website.
2. After review and approval by the Council Board using FFI criteria, the application is forwarded to the FFI Conservation Committee Chair.
3. The application is then submitted to the FFI Conservation Committee for review.
4. Final recommendations are forwarded from the FFI Conservation Committee to the FFI Board of Directors for final approval of the award.
The application packet must include:A completed application form (see attached).
Applicants may be interviewed for further consideration.
Submit the completed application packet to the FFI Council President or Conservation Vice President by April 1 (extended for 2020 to June 1) for scholarships for the next academic year. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by July 1 (extended for 2020 to August 1).
Applicants having questions about the program or application process should contact the FFI Conservation Chair.
Click here to locate the Council where you are attending school.
Download the information and application form. You will need to download the form and save to your computer to use the form.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-222-9369.