CLICK THE BAR ABOVE TO START REGISTERING!!
Pre-Party Events (Coming Soon)
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing’s Second Annual National Casting Competition
The 2019 FFI Expo will once again host the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing National Casting Competition. In its second year, this event was created with a goal of improving the casting skills and accuracy of the disabled veteran participants in our nationwide program.
The competition is open to PHWFF participants only, but spectators are welcome. The field will be available for competitors to practice Thursday, July 25, 9 am to 4 pm, followed by the competition starting at 8 am on Friday, July 26. Awards will be presented Saturday at the BBQ.
World Casting Champion Maxine McCormick joins us this year. She will be on the casting field all day Thursday and perform a demo at 2:00 pm. She will be with us gain Friday morning for the casting competition and do another demo afterward.
At the age of 12 at the 2016 World Championships in Estonia, Maxine became the youngest adult division World Champion in sports history, outscoring every woman and MAN in Trout Accuracy. In 2018, at the World Championships in England, she earned two gold medals and one silver. Her score in Trout Accuracy was 21 points higher than the next closest woman. Her Salmon Distance two-hand cast was 189 feet and Sea Trout Distance cast was a World Record 161 feet. Both Maxine and Glenn McCormick will be available to answer questions or offer tips both days.
• Larry Allen - MCI, recipient of Mel Kreiger Fly Casting Instructor Award, winner of two golds, a silver and a bronze at World Championships in
Veteran Men’s Division.
• Ted Bounds - CI and tournament caster.
• Glenn McCormick - World Championship Bronze Medalist in Trout Accuracy.
• Bruce Richards - MCI, line designer for Scientific Anglers for 30+ years, helped develop the CICP, author of Modern Flylines, recipient of the Lifetime Achievement in Fly Casting Instructor Award, and developer of electronic fly-casting analyzer.
• Molly Semenik - MCI, CBOG, author of 25 Best Off-the-Beaten Path Montana Fly Fishing Streams, Education Committee member with a key role in development of the Learning Center.
• Head Judge Mark Tsunawaki - ACA National Tournament Senior Division Champion.
Telephone: 406-222-9369 ext 107
Thank you Sponsors, Members, Volunteers, Exhibitors & Guests!
FFI Women Connect
Special Events and Activities
Pre-Parties & Events
Expo Planning Committee
Presenters & Instructors
Become a Sponsor
Lodging & Travel
Shops and Guides
Find These Home Pages
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS/REGISTRATION