We are excited to announce this year’s 2017 FFI Photo Contest. Photos will be on display at the Civic Center in the Show Hall. Ribbons will be awarded to the winners in each category along with prizes to those in first-place. Attendees of the Fair will have an opportunity to vote on their favorite photo for the People’s Choice Award, so don’t forget to cast your vote.
ALL FISH MUST HAVE BEEN CAUGHT ON A FLY AND RELEASED UNHARMED. PHOTOS MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN 2016-2017 ONLY.
1. Native Fish of North America:
- Any cold, freshwater fish caught on a fly in their native waters. Examples include: Alaska rainbows, Northwest steelhead, Rocky Mountain cutthroat, Eastern brook trout, etc.
-Label the photo with the fish species and the water from which it was caught.
2. Naturals and Their Imitations:
- Close up photography of insects, baitfish and their imitations, as in flies.
3. Fly Anglers in Their Element:
- People of all ages enjoying fly fishing. That includes: casting, rowing, landing fish, etc.
- Mood shots and action shots are welcome.
4. International Fly Fishing Experiences - Freshwater:
- From the great waters of Canada, Iceland, Chile, NZ, etc. Trout, Atlantic salmon, grayling, peacock bass, etc.
5. International Fly Fishing Experiences - Saltwater:
- Examples include sailfish, tarpon, bonefish, etc in Belize, the Bahamas, Christmas Island, etc.
Photo prints are required. Photos taken in 2016 and 2017, only, will be judged. Prints must be no smaller than 8x10 and no larger than 11x14. Photos must be mounted or matted but not framed. Each entry must be permanently labeled on the back with the following:
Contestants must include a self-addressed mailer with sufficient postage for the return of their photo(s). Those without mailers will become the property of the FFi. Contestants attending the Fair may drop off their entries in person. Utmost care is taken to return photos in perfect condition, but the FFi is not responsible for damage or loss in shipment.
All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will receive ribbons. The FFI will submit the first place winning photos to the Flyfisher magazine for publication. Second and third place winning photos will be listed by name and category only. First place winners will also receive prizes. The People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice Awards will each receive ribbons.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:
Mail your photo to the FFI office or deliver in person to staff at the Fair. Hand delivered entries must be received at the registration desk, Park High School, by 10:00 am Wednesday, Aug 2nd, 2017. Mailed photos must be received by July 21st, 2017.
Mail photo(s) to:
FFI Photo Contest
Federation of Fly Fishers
5237 US Hwy 89 So., Ste. #11
Livingston, MT 59047
Special Events and Activities
Special Events & Activities
Committees, Volunteers & Presenters